Applications (e.g. like the navigation app) rely on other libraries or binaries to fulfill their job.
These might not be contained in the AGL baseline and thus need to be shipped within the wgt (or as dependency in a separate wgt).
This affects the SDK as it needs to allow to build/include additional libraries (in wgt or as rpm tbd). And the appfw as it might have to deal with dependencies (if decided to ship multiple depending wgt's) .
Overall it might be better to not introduce dependencies between wgt's as a general tool to solve this very problem (still we will need them and versioning b/c or service-app stacking).
The road forward currently seems to be:
- Decouple this from the yocto builds
- Find and document way to include extra library builds in the wgt alongside the app.
- This already somewhat works as library lookup within the wgt is supported.
- Documentation is needed
- SDK helpers are needed
- For the profiles :
- these libraries should then be available as add-on rpm feed
- Needs to be created with the SDK
- Document process within SDK
To be further discussed @SAT level .